We encourage loved ones to visit patients and we make every effort to provide a safe and comfortable environment for our patients and visitors. While receiving care, patients have the right to decide who may or may not visit, and those visitors are allowed without regard to race, color, national origin, language, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or socioeconomic status.
Our staff and caregivers understand the important role that visitors and support persons play and every effort is made to ensure that our patients' support person is embraced as a valued member of the care team.
- To safeguard the comfort of all our patients, visitors are asked to talk quietly and leave promptly when visiting hours have ended.
- The visiting times and/or the number of visitors may be limited in certain circumstances – and vary unit by unit - to protect the health, safety, and privacy of our patients.
- If visitors are not feeling well or have an illness that can be transferred to our patients, please refrain from visiting.
- Visitors must follow infection control precautions, keep noise to a minimum, refrain from taking photographs or videos, and comply with restrictions on smoking, alcohol and illegal substances.
- Before entering and after leaving your loved one's room, make sure to wash your hands.
- All children must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not be left unattended.
General visiting hours are from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Labor Deliver Recover Post-Partum (LDRP) visiting hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., unless rooming in.
(Please note: LDRP allows three visitors at one time - no one under 16 unless they are newborns, siblings, spouses or significant others).
Visits from loved ones can be comforting when you are hospitalized. For this reason Desert Valley Hospital staff members make every effort to provide an environment conducive to the needs of both patients and visitors. To allow for your full recovery, we recommend that you limit your guests to two at time, and keep their visits to a reasonable length. Because certain types of high-risk patients may be more prone to acquire infectious diseases than other patients, visitors are restricted by age in certain clinical areas of the hospital. If young children accompany your visitors to the hospital, they should wait in the main lobby under the supervision of a parent or other responsible adult. Children of patients or siblings under sixteen, however, may usually visit with the approval of a patient's nurse.
Patients and visitors may park in the main parking lot in front of the hospital and doctors' offices.
If your visitors would like to drop by our hospital cafeteria for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack, they're welcome to do so. The Cafeteria is located on the ground floor of the hospital.
Breakfast 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m
Lunch 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Dinner 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The Cafeteria is open seven days a week. Twenty-four hour vending machines are located in the cafeteria.
The Dr. Prem Reddy Family Foundation, located on the hospital campus, is open Monday through Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. and offers coffee, lattes, smoothies and other snacks and sundries.
For the comfort of your loved ones, there is visitors' lounge on each unit. It is a comfortable place to relax while you're resting, undergoing tests or being examined. See Patient/Visitor Guide located in each visitor lounge.